2-Person – Canadian Red Cross Deluxe Disaster Preparedness Kit
The Canadian Red Cross is a leader in First-Aid training and First-Aid supplies. This Disaster kit is different in many ways from other kits one of them is our first-aid kit. We believe that as you may be using this kit in an emergency you are going to want to be prepared for a first-aid emergency. In this kit you will find what you need to treat:
- Major bleeding
- Minor bleeding
- Eye Injuries
9 in stock
2 – Toothbrushing swab – Just add a drop a water and you are ready to clean your teeth.
1 – Red Cross biohazard bag – Use to isolate hazardous items. This measures 30.5 cm x 30.5 cm and is puncture resistant.
4 – Dust masks – Protect yourself against airborne pathogens and dust. This mask has a flexible aluminum nosepiece that allows for a better fit.
1 – Pair of nitrile dipped gloves – These gloves do not contain latex, are resistance to punctures and offer great dexterity.
1 – High visibility vest – Stand out in a crowd with high visibility one size fits all high vis vest.
2 – Pair of earplugs – During any disaster, there can be a lot of different types of noise. Ear plugs are effective, comfortable solution for trying to get some rest in a shelter or dealing with background noise.
10 – Hand cleaning towelette – Your health and hygiene are very important during an disaster. We have added these.
Lighting and Tools
1 – 7 in 1 multifunction tool – This multi-tool is a must-have for every 72-hour disaster kit. It has a stainless steel body and handle, and includes pliers, wire cutters, regular and serrated blades, a bottle opener, and a long-lasting LED flashlight.
1 – Multifunction knife – The multifunction knife is made of stainless steel and comes with 9 features:
- Can opener
- Nail file
- Saw scissors
- Flathead and Phillips screwdriver
It’s small and lightweight, making it an ideal tool for any emergency preparedness kit.
1 – 40-hour candle – A very dependable source of light and can provide a source of heat in a small area such as a vehicle. A great fire starter too.
1 – Waterproof matches – Includes a pack of 40 waterproof matches
2 – 12-hour glow stick – bright extra strength glow stick provides an instant source of light that is waterproof and safe to use in any environment.
1 – Roll of duct tape – One of the most versatile tools to have in a disaster kit. Can be used to make shelter, seal packaging, repair leaking hoses, fix your rain gear, etc. This tape measures 4.6 cm x 6 m.
1 – Upgraded – Canadian Red Cross backpack. For the deluxe kit, we have entirely redesigned our Canadian Red Cross backback – It may look similar but there are some significant differences:
- Reflective band across the top of the pack for increased visibility
- Increased thicker grade nylon strapping which allows for an 80-LB weight limit
- 600 D denier nylon shoulder straps
- Shoulder straps have an additional 6 inch of length
- Additional 12-inch X 9-inch zippered mesh pocket inside bag for better organization
1 – Canadian Red Cross multifunction flashlight – This LED flashlight and digital AM/FM Radio can be powered by the solar panel and hand-crank or mobile charger. In addition, there is a compass, a siren and four small reading lights.
1 – Canadian Red Cross S.O.S. sign – This sign is made to place in the window of your vehicle or your house to communicate that you are in need of assistance.
1 – Waterproof whistle – Durable design, clips to pockets or belts, high decibel sound, can be used in water. Simple yet effective for distress calls or emergency communication
1 – Utility sheet – Our utility sheet is made of mylar material making it compact and lightweight, while being water windproof. Perfect for any 72-hour survival kit.
- Position the blanket behind a campfire, so that the heat is reflected back towards you rather than lost.
- Positioned behind candles or lanterns, the light will be reflected back into the room.
- Cut up the blanket to line boots and gloves.
- Mylar is waterproof. When used as a groundsheet it helps prevent dampness.
- Doubles as a windbreak, when trying to start a fire.
- They are great for spreading out to catch rain as a top-up water supply.
- These blankets are quite strong and can easily be fashioned into a sling in an emergency.
- Placed inside a duvet cover, they will prevent heat loss during the coldest part of the night.
- Placing them over the windshield of your car while the car is still warm to prevent ice build up.
- Use sheets when building a small shelter with the help of the environment such as trees and branches.
2 – Mylar sleeping bag – This sleeping bag is made of mylar material, making it compact and lightweight, while being water windproof. Perfect for any 72-hour survival kit.
- Retain up 99% of body heat
- Large sizing – 91 cm X 213 cm
- Place them over the windshield of your car, while the car is still warm to prevent ice buildup.
- Use sheets when building a small shelter with the help of the environment, such as trees and branches.
1 – Mylar blanket – This multipurpose, emergency first aid blanket made of aluminized non-stretch polyester. Blanket measures 140 cm X 210 cm.
- Maintaining body temperature
- Use as an emergency shelter and protection from the weather and elements
- A reflective distress signal
- Protective wrap for victims of a fire, accidents, exposure, and shock.
- Reflects body heat back to the user
- Stays flexible in freezing temperatures
- Lightweight and compact – fits easily into first-aid kits, pockets, bags and glove compartments
- Windproof and waterproof
- Will not rot or mildew
2 – Rain poncho – This one size fits all bright yellow rain poncho will keep you or your family members dry. Being wet greatly increases your chance of hypothermia.
Food and Water
2 – S.O.S. 3600-calorie food bar – a great addition to your family’s emergency preparedness kit. The S.O.S. emergency food rations have a shelf life of 5 years. Package contains 9 bars totalling 3,682 calories.
- Contains 9 food bars providing 3,682 calories (15,460 KJ)
- 5-year shelf life
- Coconut flavor
- Won’t make you thirsty
- Can be stored in any climate
1 – 10-Litre water container – This 10-L (2.5-gallon) collapsible water container is the most important items you can have in a disaster kit. With this a pack of water purification tablets and a source of water you are set.
2 – 20 Litre Water Purification Tablet – A rapidly dissolving tablet that is safe for adults and children. Effective against Giardia, bacteria, and viruses, when directions are followed.
- Tablet treats 20 litres
- No odour, no colour
- Approved and used by international aid agencies, including the International Red Cross
Disaster pack first aid kit: The Canadian Red Cross is a leader in first aid training and first aid supplies. In this kit you will find supplies that you need to treat:
- Major bleeding
- Minor bleeding
- Eye Injuries
|1||Multifunction Flashlight||1||Multifunction Knife|
|1||40 hour emergency candle||1||SOS sign|
|1||Emergency Mylar Blanket||1||Water Container|
|1||Pair of Nitrile-Dipped Gloves||2||12-hour glow stick|
|1||Utility Sheet||2||Dust mask (2 pack)|
|1||Disaster preparedness bag||1||Pack of water proof matches|
|1||Multitool||2||Mylar Sleeping Bag|
|2||Aquatabs (Water Purification)||1||Belt Loop Kit|
|2||3600 Calorie Food Ration||2||Rain Poncho|
|1||High Visibility Vest||2||Earplugs|
|2||Dental Swab||10||Moist Towelettes|