Preventing Disease Transmission
We all play a role in reducing the spread of infections and viruses – taking careful, preventative measures can help save lives, including your own.
In the Preventing Disease Transmission (PDT) course, learn essential information on how infections occur and how to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other safety measures to prevent infection.
At the end of this course, you’ll participate in a knowledge evaluation and receive a certificate of completion.
THIS COURSE HAS NO PREREQUISITES. IT IS FOR:
- Anyone working in an environment that puts them at risk of exposure to pathogens.
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to avoid infection and prevent pathogens from entering the body.
- The different ways diseases are transmitted and the role of immunization.
- Appropriate handwashing technique.
- How to use Personal Protective Equipment correctly, including donning and doffing a medical gown, a mask, protective eyewear, and gloves.
- How to safely dispose of Personal Protective Equipment.
- A course pocket guide will be available digitally for all participants.
THE COURSE IS AVAILABLE IN TWO FORMATS:
- Self-Directed – Learn at your own pace by working through the training materials independently online. Duration: approximately 40 minutes, depending on the individual.
- Virtual – Join an online classroom led in real time by an instructor, who can provide feedback and answer questions. Duration: 40 minutes.
Once registered, participants will be emailed a link within 24 hours with instructions on how to access their online modules.