This course is for ages 11-15 and teaches basic first aid and caregiving skills to youth.
Participants will learn how to:
- provide care to younger children in a variety of age groups, and
- prevent and respond to emergencies.
The babysitting course also provides training and tips for youth to promote themselves as a babysitters in their communities.
This course is great for youth with younger siblings or for those who would like to start babysitting in their neighbourhoods.
Duration: 8 hours
Includes all materials and digital certification card
Location: 203-1420 Alpha Lake Rd, Whistler, BC V0N 1B1
Prerequisite: 11-15 years of age
Completion: 100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 75% min. passing grade on written exam
- Business of babysitting
- Caring for babies, toddlers and preschoolers
- Caring for school-aged children
- Creating safe environments
- How to handle emergencies and first aid
What to bring:
- Lunch and snacks
- Water bottle
- No photo ID is required for this course
- Babysitter’s manual
- Wallet card
Read our Cancellation Policy.
- July 6, 2021
July 6, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm