The blended learning option combines online and hands-on learning
Complete self study online, before 1 day of hands-on practical skills and learning.
- Online Self Study – Participants must first complete the self-paced online component, which includes the theory portion of the Standard First Aid Class and written knowledge evaluations of each topic. (This portion must be completed before taking the 1-day course)
- 1-Day Course – Participants need to successfully complete an instructor-led classroom component with skills practice and an evaluation session to receive certification.
Participants should complete the classroom component within 90 days of completing the online component. If the classroom portion is not completed within this time frame, the participant will be required to re-take the course.
If you need to change the in-person date you have registered for please send us an email.
The Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid is a comprehensive course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills. The course includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines, and provides added value not offered by other training organizations, including injury prevention content, as well as CPR and automated external defibrillator (AED) training.
How to access the online component:
Once you register, you should receive an email from the Canadian Red Cross within 48 hours containing your login details. Please search your inbox for Canadian Red Cross, to ensure this email has not ended up in your junk/spam folder. If you do not receive an email or you have difficulty accessing the online component via the link provided, please call: 1-877-356-3226 then press 1 to speak with a representative from the Red Cross. You will also receive an email from Whistler First Aid with information on accessing the online component. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please bring proof of completion of the online component (printed) to the classroom session. If you do not have a printer, you can email us your certificate of completion, prior to the start of the classroom day. Please send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Your Name; Blended Online Certificate.
Duration: Online self study + 8-hour in-person course
Online sections must be completed prior to course date.
Includes all materials and certification card
Location: 203-1420 Alpha Lake Rd, Whistler, BC V0N 1B1
Completion: 100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 75% min. passing grade on written exam
Red Cross Certificate (valid for 3 years)
Certificates are now virtual. Your certificate will be emailed to you after the course has taken place.
- Preventing and preparing for emergencies
- The EMS system (Emergency Medical Services) – When and how to access help
- Workplace documentation a how to complete a first aid record
- The Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (OHSR) and safety data sheets
- Roles and responsibilities of a First Aid Attendant in the workplace
- Check, call, care
- Airway and breathing emergencies (choking, asthma, hyperventilation, anaphylactic shock)
- Circulation emergencies (life threatening bleeding, heart attack, stroke and shock)
- Respiratory and cardiac arrest
- CPR and automated external defibrillators (AED’s)
- Wound care
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies – cold/ heat related
- Head and spinal injuries
- How to care for bone muscle and joint injuries
- Online First Aid & CPR Manual
- E-Certification card
Read our Cancellation Policy.
If you are looking for 2022 dates, click here.
There are no upcoming dates for this event.