Duration: 14–16 hours (over 2 days)
We also offer a blended learning option. which combines online self-study with a one-day in-person course. This course is now recognized my WorkSafe B.C as an OFA 1 equivalent.
Includes all materials and digital certification card
Location: 203-1420 Alpha Lake Rd, Whistler, BC V0N 1B1
Completion: Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills, including critical steps. 100% attendance and participation; 75% min. passing grade on a written, closed book knowledge evaluation; and adherence to the fundamental principles
Red Cross Certificate (valid for 3 years)
Certificates are now virtual. Your certificate will be emailed to you after the course has taken place.
- Preventing & preparing for emergencies
- The EMS system (Emergency Medical Services) – When and how to access help
- Workplace documentation & how to complete a first aid record
- The Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (OHSR) and safety data sheets
- Roles and responsibilities of a First Aid Attendant in the workplace
- Check, call, care
- Airway and breathing emergencies (choking, asthma, hyperventilation, anaphylactic shock)
- Circulation emergencies (life threatening bleeding, heart attack, stroke and shock)
- Respiratory and cardiac arrest
- CPR and automated external defibrillators (AED’s)
- Wound care
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies – cold/ heat related
- Head and spinal injuries
- How to care for bone muscle and joint injuries
- Online First Aid & CPR Manual
- E-Certification card
This course is equivalent to OFA 1 and accepted by WorkSafeBC. Learn more about certificates accepted in B.C. workplaces as OFA Level 1 equivalents.
Read our Cancellation Policy.
There are no upcoming dates for this event.