If you have taken Standard First Aid & CPR course in the last 3 years then you are eligible for a re-cert. A recertification can be done in half the time and is typically only one day (8 hours). This refresher course will cover the same topics that are taught in the full course but in a more condensed format. Students will review and practice their first aid & CPR skills using several different learning techniques as well as different scenarios. They will also practice using the Automated External Defibrillator (AED). We will also cover any new program updates and standards set by the Canadian Red Cross. Please bring proof of certification on the day of the course.
Duration: 8 hours.
Includes all materials and certification card.
Location: 203-1420 Alpha Lake Rd, Whistler, BC V0N 1B1
Completion: 100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 75% min. passing grade on written exam
Certification: 3-year certification in Standard First Aid, CPR Level A, C, or HCP, and AED
- Preventing & preparing for emergencies
- The EMS system (Emergency Medical Services) – When and how to access help
- Workplace documentation & how to complete a First aid Record
- The Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (OHSR) and Safety Data Sheets
- Roles and responsibilities of a First Aid Attendant in the Workplace
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway & Breathing Emergencies (Choking, Asthma, Hyperventilation, Anaphylactic Shock)
- Circulation emergencies (Life Threatening Bleeding, Heart Attack, Stroke & Shock)
- Respiratory and cardiac arrest
- CPR and automated external defibrillators (AED’s)
- Wound care
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies – Cold/ heat related
- Head & Spinal injuries
- How to care fore bone muscle and joint injuries
- First Aid & CPR Manual
- Certification card
This course is equivalent to OFA 1 and accepted by WorkSafe BC: Here is a link to the certificates accepted in BC Workplaces as OFA Level 1 equivalent.
Read our Cancellation Policy.
- RECERT: April 14, 2019
April 14, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- RECERT: June 2, 2019
June 2, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm